The new YAKKAir Full HP2 reveal significant advances in the design of inflatable kayaks, with a panelled structure using the new Drop Stitch technology. These high-pressure inflated, rock-solid panels, assembled around pre-formed bow and stern elements, combine to create an ultra-rigid, high-performance kayak. A new revolution in inflatables.
Tested under extreme conditions – BIC Kayaks has sent a prototype of its brand new YAKKAir Full HP 1 to the AKTA expedition team so they can test it under extreme Arctic conditions.
- Panelled, Drop Stitch high-pressure structure (same as our SUP range) = strength, stiffness and light weight
- Manufactured with a fusion of high performance cloths and glues = powerful adhesion, durability
- Profiled deck (with deep V moulded tip sections front and rear) and steep-angled run-offs = excellent glide, high performance, lateral stability, directional control
- Versatile design concept = great for all kinds of kayaking styles (and even SUP !)
- Totally dual performance (FULL HP2) : identical solo and duo paddle comfort
- Huge capacity for carrying equipment in the cockpit (plus extra, elasticated carry nets)
- Fast, easy inflation in less than 8 minutes thanks to its high pressure pump
- H3 high-pressure valves = reliable, totally air-tight, replaceable
- Auto-empty bung = fast, easy emptying after use
- Front deflector to minimise water entry in heavy chop
YAKKAir Full HPs come with quality fittings as standard : comfortable, ergonomic seats with high back rests to give proper back support. Strap-mounted, adjustable foot rests are the other vital element for maximum paddle comfort on your longest excursions.
- Carry bag
- High-pressure pump with pressure gauge
- 1 repair kit
- Removable fin
- 2 seats
- 2 foot rests
|13.5″||33.5″‘||34 Lbs||2 adults + 1 child||460 LBS|
The YAKKAir Full HP 1 and 2 are the first ever inflatable kayaks to be 100% manufactured using high-pressure Drop Stitch technology. This technique that has already proved itself in many other fields has enabled us to manufacture ultra-light, ultra-rigid, ultra-tough inflatables with performance similar to any rigid Sit-On-Top.
1- bottom floor made of Drop Stitch material
2- Side air chambers made of Drop Stitch material
3- Reinforced PVC skin on the hull
Apart from the innovative construction, the YAKKAir Full HPs have plenty of other tricks up their sleeve. The concept includes deep-V bow and stern mouldings that ensure great control and improved water-penetration. Manoeuvrability can be further optimised with a removable fin, fitted on the hull. They have superb glide and are made for easy-paddling. The narrower lateral panel sections give much more storage space inside than with the previous rounder panels. The more open cockpit design makes re-mounting much easier. And the bung at the stern makes it easy to empty after use.