Flysurfer always focus on innovation and give themselves the freedom to experiment. This lead to the development of the FlySplit range. This concept allows a split board which breaks down into two pieces still maintain the same performance as a normal kiteboard. Even more impressive, the system is tool-less.
With increasing airline baggage fees, but inexpensive flights to popular kite destinations, the FlySplit allows you to quickly disassemble your board and fit it into your travel bag. The system is also great for those travelling in small cars, motorbikes or public transport.
To maintain the strength and performance of a regular twintip was a challenge which took three years of testing and refining to overcome. Thanks to the high quality EU production facility the boards can be produced to the precise tolerances required. The splitting mechanism is impressively simple (like many great inventions). The zig zag tongue and groove system joins together and only requires a metal pin either side to hold it in place. The board board combines a wood core in the centre and edges for strength and performance with foam core sections to reduce weight.
The FlySplit is available in two sizes. The FlySplit M in size 134cm x 41cm is made for those riders who love the high performance of the Radical. With the FlySplit M you do not have to miss out on neither an extreme pop for hooked or unhooked jumps nor fantastic up-wind performance. The FlySplit L is available in 160cm x 44cm. Heavier riders and kiters who do not want to miss out in light winds will love this board. The FlySplit L has a centre fin on the heel-side to increase the maximum up-wind performance. The innovative FlySplit M and FlySplit L have very low board weights, coming in at 2.65 kilograms and 3.25 kilograms respectively. This makes traveling even more fun.
The FlySplits are great allrounders, which should not be left out on any travel, whether with plane, sports car or motorcycle. Due to the fantastic opportunity of splitting the boards in half, the FlySplits are a proper alternative to normal boards on the kitesurfing market. Thanks to a three year development phase, we can guarantee that the FlySplits perform like excellent kiteboards, but are still seperable. Thus there is no compromise on quality and performance.
- Split System – The Split-System makes the FlySplits to the first separable kiteboards that do not compromise in performance.
- Easy to Assemble – It only takes a few seconds to easily and quickly assemble a FlySplit. Through the zigzag construction both board parts join and are fixed by two metal splints. From the car onto the water in only a in a twinkling .
- Space Saving – No more checking in sports luggage and paying extra fees when you travel. The FlySplit M fits in your normal travel bag (common bag size: 75x52x31cm). For the FlySplit L please compare the pack size of the board with the internal dimensions of your suit case prior to your flight.
- Light Weight – With their low weight of 2.65kg and 3.25kg for the FlySplit M and FlySplit L respectively, the FlySplits belong to the lightest kiteboards on the market. No extra luggage and better riding characteristics guaranteed.
- Wood Foam Core – All FlySplits have a hybrid core, aimed at achieving a maximum harmony of board weight, performance and durability. A foam core comes into use on the toe side in the longitudinal direction, providing a significant reduction in weight. On the side with more load, the heel side, a robust wood core is used, guaranteeing breaking stability and the dynamic recovery force of the board.
- Torsion Fibre Layers – The innovative assembly of a unidirectional woven layer lengthwise and an additional woven layer (torsion layer) at a 45-degree-angle achieves considerably higher torsion stiffness, which is reflected in increased jumping performance with nevertheless good comfort.
- Scratchproof Topsheet – All of our boards have a special high-quality UV and scratch-resistant coating, and thus offer a long product life. The graphic design is protected under the coating, so that it does not get damaged if the board is slightly scratched.
- Tucked Under Edge – The edge has been cut off at a 45 degree-angle, as surfboards have been manufactured traditionally. This makes the board very controllable, even in choppy conditions and reduces spray.
- Wide Stance – Wider insert positions make it easier to land. There are three different stance options possible – Small (50.4 cm), Normal (56.2 cm) and Wide (61.2 cm).
- Centre Fin – The FlySplit L has a 8cm long centre-fin on the heel-side. The centre fin increases the upwind performance especially in lightwind.
- Ergonomic Toeside – The asymmetrical rounder and shorter toe-side outline increases control when riding toe-side and provides increased maneuverability while carving.
- Made in the EU – Thanks to our manufacturing process within Europe we can guarantee highest quality and the usage of only the best materials.
|Model||M 134 x 41||L 160 x 44|
|Extra weight compared to non-splitable board (kg)||0.25||0.25|
|Packing size (cm)||73x41x2||86x44x2.6|
|Core Material||Wood-Airex composite core||Wood-Airex composite core|
|Fins||4x 5cm G10||4x 5cm G10 + 1x 8cm Centerfin|
1x Flyboard FlySplit
2x Straps (incl. screws)
4x 5cm fins G10 (incl. screws)
Only FlySplit L: 1x 8cm Centerfin G10 (incl. screws)
1x Grab-Handle (incl. screws)